Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) is a popular undergraduate course that trains students in media and communication. Delhi, being the national capital, is home to some of the best institutes offering the BJMC course in India. If you’re a beginner looking to pursue a bjmc course in delhi, here’s a guide to help you understand the basics.
Eligibility Criteria The basic eligibility criteria for the BJMC course in Delhi are:
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate must have studied English as a compulsory subject in Class 12 or equivalent examination.
Admission Process The admission process for the BJMC course in Delhi is through various entrance exams conducted by the institutes. Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET), Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (GGSIPU CET), Amity Journalism Aptitude Test (AJAT), and Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam are some of the popular entrance exams for BJMC in Delhi. The entrance exams test the student’s aptitude in media and communication and evaluate their writing and analytical skills.
Course Curriculum The BJMC course curriculum in Delhi is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of media and communication, including print, electronic, and digital media. The course is divided into six semesters, and students learn various subjects related to media and communication, such as journalism, advertising, public relations, media ethics, media laws, and media research. The course also emphasizes practical training in media production and management, and students are required to complete internships in leading media organizations.
Top Institutes Offering BJMC Course in Delhi Delhi University, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Amity University, Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), and NRAI School of Mass Communication are some of the popular institutes offering the BJMC course in Delhi. These institutes offer a comprehensive course curriculum, practical training, and excellent placement opportunities.
Career Prospects A BJMC degree opens up a range of career opportunities in media and communication. Some of the popular career options for BJMC graduates are:
- Journalism: BJMC graduates can become reporters, correspondents, editors, and anchors in print, electronic, and digital media.
- Advertising: BJMC graduates can work in advertising agencies as copywriters, account executives, media planners, and graphic designers.
- Public Relations: BJMC graduates can work in public relations firms, corporate communication departments, and government organizations as public relations executives, media relations managers, and event managers.
- Media Management: BJMC graduates can work in media houses, television channels, and production houses as producers, directors, and media managers.
In conclusion, pursuing a BJMC course in Delhi requires meeting the eligibility criteria, appearing for entrance exams, completing the course curriculum, and interning in leading media organizations. Delhi has some of the best institutes offering the BJMC course in India, which offer a comprehensive course curriculum, practical training, and excellent placement opportunities. Choose an institute that best suits your interests, goals, and strengths, and get ready for a rewarding career in media and communication.